- The Park
- Get Involved
- News & Events
GAS & STEAM BARN RENTAL – RATE: $1,000.00 for the day.
1. Parking is available on the Events Green just east of the Upjohn House or at the River Lot near the Park’s ticket booth.
2. Flush toilet restrooms with drinking fountain are located near the Historic Village (stone building near the museum) and adjacent to the Walnut Grove, in the white frame building. If you have any problems during your rental, please contact the Security/Maintenance staff on Park grounds.
3. Temporary signs may be erected on Charlton Park grounds, either at the main gate, the ticket booth, or at your rental site, signs can be on a wood or wire frame to be put in the ground and must be removed at the end of your visit.
4. Capacity for a formal dinner in the Gas & Steam barn is 150 – 200 people maximum.
5. Trash cans and electric are provided at the site. Leasee is responsible for table and chair rental if needed.
1. Barry County Ordinance prohibits liquor in the Park, along with glass beverage containers . Keg/Can beer and/or box wine will be allowed by permit only. The Keg/Can Beer/Wine Permit fee is $25.00.
2. Smoking is prohibited in the Gas and Steam Barn.
3. All items displayed behind the fence in this building are museum artifacts. Please do not handle or move these artifacts. Your safety is important to us!
4. Modern Vehicles - The Village recreates life in early rural Michigan, when horse, buggies and wagons stood in front of homes and businesses. Therefore, modern vehicles are not allowed to drive through or park in the Village. Please help us to preserve our historic village ambiance and visitor safety by parking in designated areas, so that other visitors may appreciate history. NO modern vehicles are allowed to be driven into or through the Village in order to preserve the Village and for the safety of visitors.